I am a huge pasta fan. If I were faced to choose between homemade fresh pasta and dry pasta, I would choose the former, but a quality dry pasta cooked appropriately, is a standard at home. 3 times a week we put together a few ingredients with 225g (for 2) of pasta (short, long, big, small) and enjoy this great moment of the day (It is estimated that Italians eat 26kg of pasta per person per annum…..that’s 71g per day).
I cooked this dish together with my younger brother and considering I love large pasta formats we decided to go for Schiaffoni (more commonly known as Paccheri).
Ingredients for 4:
400g Schiaffoni (or 50og depending on your hunger), 300g Mushrooms, 1 medium/large sized Marrow, 1 Orange, 1/2 a Lemon, Grana Padano, Fresh Garlic, EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Sichuan Pepper, Sea Salt, Dill.
- Put the water to boil (for pasta).
- Chop Zucchini (half moons) and add the juice and rind of half a lemon and the Sichuan Pepper (it’s worth making an effort to find this ingredient).
- Chop Mushrooms and add the juice and rind of 1 orange and the salt. Keep 4 mushrooms whole.
- Throw the pasta. Garofalo Schiaffoni take 15 mins to get ready (don’t forget the salt).
- Heat the pan and add the EVOO. Then add the fresh garlic (chopped in two).
- Add Zucchini into the pan around 10 minutes before the pasta is ready.
- Add Mushrooms around 5 minutes before the pasta is ready.
- Occasionally add some of the boiling water in the pan allowing the water to dry before you add more.
- Toss the Schiaffoni in the pan.
- Plate the pasta, add large shavings of Grana Padano and then add the Dill.
- On each plate, garnish with a whole mushroom at the top of your Schiaffoni.
You might also like
Chukkas is welcoming even before you step into the clubhouse of the Royal[...] Continue
Last night, it occurred to me that I had inadvertently neglected to write[...] Continue
Parlans is a lovely caramel shop in Stockholm, Sweden where caramels are[...] Continue
The most addictive smartphone game in recent memory may be making its way[...] Continue
The Airbus A380 is among the biggest stars of the Paris Air Show, but no[...] Continue
People are spending less time watching 'Bay Watch' and spending more time[...] Continue
AOL and PBS introduced the Makers series in February 2012 as a video[...] Continue
Are restaurants too confident..........do they think they have it all[...] Continue
Facebook’s hotly-anticipated video ads are likely delayed yet again[...] Continue
The Windcatcher is a portable airbed that can be fully inflated in seconds[...] ContinueTED: Juliana Rotich: Meet BRCK, Internet access built for Africa - Juliana Rotich (2013) by TEDTalks (video)
Tech communities are booming all over Africa, says Nairobi-based Juliana[...] Continue
Image courtesy of Flickr user mateus27_24-25. For more than 30 years, Intel[...] Continue